Monday, November 9, 2009

Armour Gold cables

I picked up some of these the other day out of curiosity. They got here pretty quickly, about two and a half weeks, which I can't complain about because I got free shipping.

They are beautifully made cables. Good heavy duty plugs with thick heat shrink over them. The braided covering on the cable feels very tough and is very wear resistant and is fairly flexible. Maybe a little less than the Planet Waves cable it replaced.

To my ear it sounds a little less bright than the Planet Waves. Capacitance is the key to guitar cables and these are 33 pf, which is pretty much right in the middle. I use lower output pickups which can be very bright so a cable that cuts a bit of that is exactly what is needed. If you really want to cut top end use one of those older curly cords. If you look closely at film clips from the 60's and early 70's you'll see lots of those cords.

These are excellent cables for about the same money as I paid for the Planet Waves. Ordering direct gets a discount. Here's the link:

Armour Gold

.

No comments: