Sunday, April 5, 2009

FET Dream

I have had this pedal for a few days now and I can honestly say it is one of the best OD pedals I have heard. And it's Canadian to boot! Made by Cause and Effect Pedals of Mississauga.

From a little "hair" to to a lot of drive the pedal retains the essential tone of your guitar. I can make my 18 watt sound like it's dimed at low volume or give it a little ( or a lot) extra at high volume.

It has a surprisingly small footprint, about two thirds the size of my Pearl Overdrive, with some great graphics and a bright blue LED to let you know when it's on. Not like you need that light but it is cool, none the less.

The web site is here and it's well worth a look if you're in the market for an OD pedal.

6 comments:

Dr.Alistair said...

"a little hair"?

really?

i`m going to get one.....

Jon said...

I think you'll need some rack effects for that.

Dr.Alistair said...

i have um, rack effects.....didn`t help the hair though...besides, she don`t care about hair.

Claypots said...

Unfortunately it only adds hair to your ears and back :^)

Anonymous said...

I'm really interested in how it compares to the Pearl Drive. They seem similar in some ways (both FET based, D-style pedals). The reason I ask is because I will be purchasing one of these two pedals soon and I'm having a hard time deciding.

Jon said...

On youtube there's a couple of good demos of each by gearmanndude. He does reviews on both that are very good. To my ear there's more drive to the Pearl.