Saturday, June 23, 2007

Tone Man



For those who don't know this is Kunio Kishida, an avid 'burst enthusiast and player. I just received my copy of his book of the same name and spent hours looking through it. Picture after picture of original bursts. It's my understanding it's a mix of his current collection, guitars he has owned previously and other examples. "Nancy", his main guitar is pictured on page 8. This book is a must have for any Les Paul devotee.

Kunio has also recorded a couple of albums, "Swamp Waters" and "Alabama Boy". You can also catch him on Youtube.

2 comments:

Dr.Alistair said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA3sezb2cy0

nice little bit of playing and a sweet korina plank to ride on too.......

Jon said...

I believe that is an original. Crappy audio but the tone is good from what I can hear.